The Dutch government implements a fiscal policy that encourages the donation of funds to causes that advance the Common Good. Apart from granting tax advantages fo Ujima, ANBI status also favors our sponsors, who have made a donation may be able to deduct the amount from taxable income.
Part of the ANBI status is that Dutch law requires all NGO's to publish about it's structure and results. Please find all required information below.
Ujima believes that all children should grow up in a familial environment.
Ujima trains, guides and mediates 180 orphaned youngsters with familial responsibilities to be able to get a job and keep that job in order to sustain themselves and the children in their care every year, in order for them to be participating members of society.
- Ujima assists its target group to become economically and socially self-reliant and participating members of society.
- Ujima, through its income generating programmes, endeavors to become self-sustaining, and therefore donor independent.
- The target groups are seen as people with potential and not victims of circumstances.
- The programmes and projects are needs-based and the organization shall only request for funding based on the needs of the target group.
- Ujima will remain focused on its mandate and shall not deviate from its mission, except for the generation of income through commercial activities to sustain the mandated not-for-profit activities.
- Ujima is politically, ethnically and religiously neutral, which means that all are welcome and shall not be discriminated against.
- Ujima endeavors to remain professional, which means that policies and standards are adhered to.
The policy plan
We are currently working on our strategic plan.
The board composition of Ujima Foundation
Chair person: Esther Kodhek
Treasurer: Wilfred Owuor
Member: Dutch board (Jet lambo and Steven Nijdam)
The director of Ujima Foundation
Charles J. Odhiambo
The remuneration policy of Ujima Foundation
The board members are not paid any salary or allowances.
Report of the activities
Kindly view our 2017 annual report
Kindly view our 2015 annual report
Kindly view our 2014 annual report
Kindly view our 2013 annual report
Kindly view our 2012 annual report