Ujima trains orphaned youngsters in the age of 18 – 24 years. The trainees will either be recruited through our volunteer network or by referrals of partner organisations.
Each trainee is taking care of at least two siblings under the age of 17 and has no other means of sustaining him or herself. Ujima focuses mostly on young women, but young men who fit the above description can also be selected.
- Total orphan in the age of 18 - 24
- Taking care of at least 2 children under the age of 17
- The trainee needs to be highly motivated to change his/her life
- Show willingness to learn
- Have a support network or willing to be assisted to create one
Ujima’s training programme is for free. Trainees will have to pay a registration fee for each phase to meet some of the programme costs.
Ujima does not give hand-outs, and is just as demanding to its trainees as a future employer will be.
For more information on how to enrol please visit our field office in Nakuru or Kisumu.
Contact information can be found by clicking the contact button.